BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A call for modern CPU benchmarks

Never really thought about LV Runtime and  'installer runtime' being "different". Might use this for my pet projects then 😄

I have lots of support apps i made, that could be useful to my coworkers... but they don't use LV so i'm usually met with eyerolls when i suggest they install runtime to use my apps.

Anyway, could you make a build for 2019 version? I'm a bit affraid of installing runtime 2020 on my system.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 36
(1,849 Views)

The pre-NIPM LabVIEW runtime installer had a couple (4?) of checkboxes where we can omit certain parts that we don't need. Since they switched it to NIPM, that functionality has been lost and the runtime engine package is a monolithic beast with "everything, no mayo(*)" AND we get a mandatory side of NIPM with it. I remember complaining about that, but I don't think anything changed.

(*Old story: Back in the early nineties there was a sandwich shop in Westwood with great $2 chicken sandwiches on French bread. The mechanical cash register had a button for "everything", but also a button for "no mayo". A colleague back then typically had the "everything, no mayo" version and it somehow turned into a lore. 😄 )

I see if I can make a 1019 version, but I definitely cannot go further back because my caching scheme depends on MAPs. In the distant past, I was using variant attributes instead)

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 36
(1,831 Views)

I got a new toy.

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
Message 33 of 36
(1,759 Views)

Hi Christian,

one more Intel 12th gen CPU…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 34 of 36
(1,715 Views)

I got some impressive benchmarks from the Intel side and the table is getting crowded at the top. 😄

altenbach_0-1668430727258.png

Message 35 of 36
(1,597 Views)

Attached is the benchmark result on a Intel Core i7-12500 Dell desktop with Windows 10, set to balanced mode. The performance is definitely more stable than Intel's hybrid architecture mobile parts that I tested earlier, such as the i7-1260P.

Compared to the i5-12600K, which is also a desktop part that includes 6 performance cores, it is significantly weaker in Parallel performance. By having higher power consumption and 4 efficiency cores as well, the i5-12600K reaches a Parallel performance around +45% higher. The Serial performance is more or less the same between both CPUs.

Message 36 of 36
(1,055 Views)