Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incongruous sightings of LabVIEW/NI

@Intaris wrote:

Intaris_1-1648473581594.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI9Zz2HRlhQ

@16:59

Our Software and Hardware: PXI-E Chassis with a Virtex 5 FPGA card and various front-ends.

"$1.5m?" You couldn't just use one of these?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 91 of 186
(3,591 Views)

In fairness, our hard and software only CONTROLS the microscope, it doesn't cost anywhere near 1.5mil.

Still, we need to be careful not to break anything.

Message 92 of 186
(3,589 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

In fairness, our hard and software only CONTROLS the microscope, it doesn't cost anywhere near 1.5mil.

Still, we need to be careful not to break anything.

Hi Intaris, is that you in the video or just generally from your group?

0 Kudos
Message 93 of 186
(3,502 Views)

No, not me, a customer.

It's in his lab, installing and testing a new microscope with our hard and software.

0 Kudos
Message 94 of 186
(3,498 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

No, not me, a customer.

It's in his lab, installing and testing a new microscope with our hard and software.

He's a physicist who also said he had a preference for LV in the past:

https://youtu.be/p8-rZOCn5rQ?t=358

@Intaris wrote:

No, not me, a customer.

Does that mean you do contracting for Unisoku or that you have developed additional solutions based around their base system? I am simply curious because I work in a lab with 2 AFMs and have done some measurement mode development with LV. It would be nice to know that there is another domain expert on the forums.

0 Kudos
Message 96 of 186
(3,426 Views)

Hi!

We also develope AFM systems, but using C#, .NET (wpf mainly as UI fw).

0 Kudos
Message 97 of 186
(3,422 Views)

We know Unisoku, and work together with them.

Our product is the controlling hard and software, Unisoku provides our hardware as a controller for their microscopes.

I'm one of a few LabVIEW developers in our company with intricate knowledge of these systems. Specifically the FPGA portions of our code, but have been active in all areas of the software. If you have questions / feedback with regard to LabVIEW integration in specific, drop me a PM.

Message 98 of 186
(3,419 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

We know Unisoku, and work together with them.

Our product is the controlling hard and software, Unisoku provides our hardware as a controller for their microscopes.

I'm one of a few LabVIEW developers in our company with intricate knowledge of these systems. Specifically the FPGA portions of our code, but have been active in all areas of the software. If you have questions / feedback with regard to LabVIEW integration in specific, drop me a PM.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 99 of 186
(3,378 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

Hi!

We also develope AFM systems, but using C#, .NET (wpf mainly as UI fw).

Taking a look at your NI profile, I am guessing you are with Semilab in Budapest? I must admit as a young player more on the research side of things, I haven't heard of your company before. It is astonishing how many AFM manufacturers there actually are...

0 Kudos
Message 100 of 186
(3,376 Views)