BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Stuff

I never used a rendezvous (it was too hard to spell Smiley Surprised ), but those who do might be interested in this - in this thread DFGray mentions that they currently force a switch to the UI thread.

In this thread, Aristos Queue states that doing a Ctrl-Double click on a sub VI opens it with its block diagram in front of the front panel.
Message 82 of 128
(16,018 Views)
Message 83 of 128
(15,970 Views)
Darren posted a VI that will remove the "icon view" setting from all terminals. Select a folder and it will process all VIs in its hierarchy.

Message 84 of 128
(15,920 Views)

DFGray provides some serious enlightenment on a novel use of single-element queues.  The thread starts here and the good stuff comes after I blunder about a bit.

Problem: need 500 MB worth of images in memory simultaneously and need random access to them for processing.  Can't get enough contiguous memory to create a 3D array.

Solution: Create an 1000's of single-element queues which each hold a single 2D image array.  Store these queue refs in a 1D array.

Neato Factor:  The wire for the "outer" 1D array of queue refs can be branched off to processing code without big memory penalties.  It doesn't *contain* the 500 MB of data, it just contains a few thousand pointers to provide access to the 500 MB.  The array of pointers can be copied pretty efficiently...

-Kevin P.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 85 of 128
(15,819 Views)

Discusion of coercion and buffer copies is updated by NI after researching with R&D.

See here.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 86 of 128
(15,714 Views)

Ben, I don't want to hijack the thread, but how can you guys read threads in reverse order? Why not in chronological order?

Anyway, it's helpful if at least when you post a link, it will be in ascending order (this can be changed from the Thread Options button).

(15,689 Views)
I just discovered this today; it may be old news to some.

The cluster auto arranging pays attention to grouping.  In the attached image, I had grouped the each of the three columns of data.  I placed it into a cluster and told the cluster to Arrange Horizontally.  It arranged the groups horizontally, not the controls.  It kept all the spacing within the group as well.

Message Edited by Matthew Kelton on 12-31-2007 04:05 PM
Message 88 of 128
(15,610 Views)

Cebaily shows an how-to for distributing wires evenly (can be used vertical and horizontal):

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 89 of 128
(14,882 Views)

Since I spent the better part of 2 days trying to determine the best way to do this to find out LabVIEW had it, I figured I should let others know in case they didn't know either and ever had use for it.  A customer wanted Vista-style buttons in a project, and I was struggling with the best way to handle the highlight.  Since Booleans don't support dynamic image changing, I was looking at ring controls, pictures, and was working on an X-Control when I thought to look at the System Boolean, as I knew it had a highlight when the mouse was over the button.

The System Boolean has 6 images instead of 4.  The last two images are the highlight images.  The 5th is the False highlight, the 6th the True highlight.  The System Boolean doesn't highlight the True case, but I have verified if I change this image it will.  LabVIEW will allow you to modify the System Boolean to have custom images.

Note that this functionality appears to have been added in LabVIEW 8.x.  Even though the system Boolean has 6 images in LabVIEW 7.1, it doesn't appear to highlight.

The attached ctl will show the highlight.  The VI with the control either has to be running or in run mode for the highlighting to show up.  My example also does not highlight the True state, just the False.

Message Edited by Matthew Kelton on 01-06-2009 09:07 PM
Download All
Message 90 of 128
(14,802 Views)