BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2009 f2 Patch

LabVIEW 2009 f2 provides several significant fixes to LabVIEW 2009. We are providing these fixes sooner via this patch, rather than wait for the still planned maintenance release (2009 SP1) which will be provided later. You can learn about the individual fixes in this knowledge base (KB) document, LabVIEW 2009 f2 Patch Details.. National Instruments strongly recommends that all customers download and install this patch in order to benefit from several critical fixes.

We're using the new notification mechanism built into our installers to make users aware of the availability of this patch, hopefully closing the loop between National Instruments providing a patch and our users becoming aware of the patch and subsequently downloading and installing the patch. Our goal in this effort is to improve the support experience for our users.

Please use this forum thread to provide feedback on the patch notification and overall patch experience. We'll create separate threads for specific issues corrected in this patch as needed.

Regards,

Todd

Todd S.
LabVIEW Community Manager
National Instruments
Message 1 of 15
(10,336 Views)

Great, but it should have been posted in the LabVIEW forum.

Regards

Ray

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(10,276 Views)

Ray,

It is posted

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(10,274 Views)

Ok, so what is it doing in this forum, especially as the post is locked to the top. This is not the place!!!

Those that use LabVIEW would have seen the post in the LabVIEW forum and those that dont use it , do not careless. 

Ray 

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(10,270 Views)

Ok, so what is it doing in this forum, especially as the post is locked to the top. This is not the place!!!

Those that use LabVIEW would have seen the post in the LabVIEW forum and those that dont use it , do not careless.

Ray,

Did you see this?

(This is a duplicate post.  To comment and ask questions please post on this identical post on the BreakPoint board)

So that is an info (A forced one to stay for some time like the pilot one) this is for discussing it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(10,267 Views)

Hi muks,

not sure what is your point is as your link sends you back to the same pointSmiley Indifferent

Ray

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(10,259 Views)

What was the reason for advertising it as available on the 14th of October, but downloads were not available (error 404) untill the following day?  Someone take a nap?

Dave B.

OK... Who let the smoke out?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(10,248 Views)

Hi Ray,

Todd is just trying to get the word out and there are some LV users that may only check the Breakpoint (looking for a LabTOON updates etc). There some ugly bugs that neede fixed and users may not have noticed there were problems lurking under the hood.

I do like getting the "heads-up" (even though I got it three times LV BP and Champions forum). I would rather get duplicate that no heads-up.

Re: some errors when trying to get the updates...

I believe that was the result of  "race condition" in the web-site mechanisms that I am afraid an Action Engine will not fix. Smiley Wink

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 15
(10,241 Views)

LandyRover wrote:

What was the reason for advertising it as available on the 14th of October, but downloads were not available (error 404) untill the following day?  Someone take a nap?

Dave B.

Taken up here.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(10,185 Views)

Broken Links and Date of Availability

This was our first use of the install notification function for LabVIEW and we are still learning how best to enable this function. There's quite a few things that need to happen with a preferred sequence. We needed to make the documents with information available at the same time that notifications would be seen and we didn't want to delay the notifications waiting on the code. There is some amount of variance in the time a document is published and the time it ripples through our servers. This resulted in the notification link apparently not working for some number of minutes.

The call to put the links in the document before the code was available was mine. We turned on notifications before the image was available so people installing LabVIEW would be aware of the patch and when it would be available. I wanted the links added so they would work as soon as the patch was pushed live without having to wait on an update to the document pointing to the patch. I thought adding the red text with an available date would avoid confusion, but I was wrong. And, as soon as someone from Japan asked why the link was not working yet, we realized we should have added a time with U.S. Central indicated as well.

So, the fault lies clearly with my requests, not with those that implemented them. Please accept my apologies for the time, trouble and confusion these decisions had on all. We're using this thread to capture the issues associated with the patch process, such as how it was communicated and delivered. I'll use this information to update our processes and procedures to avoid these problems in the future. So, keep your comments coming and I will endeavor to make good use of them.

Why is discussion in Breakpoint instead of LabVIEW?

Not that Todd can't take a few hits (he's pretty thick skinned), but the decision to have the discussion here was also my call, so move your aim to the right two feet and focus on me. Smiley Wink 

My thought was to keep non-technical and non-LabVIEW specific discussion in breakpoint and technical discussions (i.e. specific LabVIEW issues) in the LabVIEW board. Things like how the patch was communicated or delivered would belong here, specific LabVIEW technical issues (e.g. what are user defined refnums, are VIs binary compatible, etc.) would be discussed in LabVIEW.

Sincerely,

Roy Faltesek

Senior Group Manager

LabVIEW R&D

Message 10 of 15
(10,111 Views)