BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI News Question: What kind of instrument would you design?

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

Observation on the poster- whay are the numbers (60, 70, 80) ascending in a counter-clockwise fashion?

-AK2DM

Wanna know how I know you drive a slow car? :lol:

@JW-L3CE wrote:

The real question is "Why is the person in the poster going 140mph with all of those indicator lights on?". Some graphical programmer has a death wish.

140's not really *that* fast... especially in a cage.  I've hit triple digits on my sled and come damn close on my dirt bike. 

Message 51 of 58
(3,435 Views)

@SnowMule wrote:

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

Observation on the poster- whay are the numbers (60, 70, 80) ascending in a counter-clockwise fashion?

-AK2DM

Wanna know how I know you drive a slow car? :lol:

@JW-L3CE wrote:

The real question is "Why is the person in the poster going 140mph with all of those indicator lights on?". Some graphical programmer has a death wish.

140's not really *that* fast... especially in a cage.  I've hit triple digits on my sled and come damn close on my dirt bike. 

Heh, but would you do it no brakes, no/low power steering, and no safety equipment (seat belt indicator and airbag indicator)?

Smiley Tongue

Josh
Software is never really finished, it's just an acceptable level of broken
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 58
(3,427 Views)

a) That speedometer may well show KPH (the logical design for a speedo is to have crusing speed more or less at the top and 100 KPH would qualify).

b) What we're seeing is obviously the other end of the needle. It's probably pointing below zero and all the lights are on because the key was just inserted (or because the dash is under test. This is a LabVIEW poster, after all).

(3,416 Views)

tst:

Thanks for setting me straight. I just took a quick glance at it and after further review it is clear.

Turning on "Mr. Squiggles" is fun with 340bhp and 390ft-lbs torque! ("Mr. Squiggles" ON = Traction Control OFF).

Congrats!

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 58
(3,405 Views)
At least it is an upgrade from the "LabVIEW, in the toilet?" poster.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 58
(3,384 Views)

@JÞB wrote:
At least it is an upgrade from the "LabVIEW, in the toilet?" poster.

I can't believe how much you guys dog on the bathroom one! It's my favorite!!

IMAG0399.jpg

Message 56 of 58
(3,367 Views)

HAH, I love it. I'm assuming they don't print that one anymore.

Josh
Software is never really finished, it's just an acceptable level of broken
0 Kudos
Message 57 of 58
(3,359 Views)

Ben wrote:

1) Hand-help cell phone jammer. for use while driving to get the fool who is on their cell phone and riding my bumper to stop talking and start paying attention. Bonus points if it auto-detects the cell-phone usage and jams them without distracting me from from my burger and beer.

Ben

This popped up in the local news today

raa-offers-hi-tech-solution-to-block-motorists-using-mobile-phones

The phone-blocking technology, priced at about $230, is already being sold in the UK.

It is a small device that plugs in below the steering wheel and automatically blocks texts, emails, apps and social media but allows emergency numbers to be contacted.

Mobile phone blocker

The Bluetooth CU80 blocker device blocks mobile phone use while a vehicle is in motion.

Message 58 of 58
(3,305 Views)