BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

@LV_Pro wrote:

Just be sure those snow banks aren't concealing a pile of bricks or something! Former brother-in-law took the groom "off-roading" in a field near the wedding reception (hey, I live in red-neck country, who'd think it in New York!). He had sort of scouted it previously, didn't know of the 3ft/1m diameter log in the middle of the weeds, hit it end on with the transfer case, chassis moved forward after the power train stopped.

Hah!

6 inches to the left and i'd have been just fine... wouldn't have even noticed the log there...

3rd ride on that sled. Smiley Frustrated

Message 1591 of 2,258
(10,161 Views)

Hi Snow,

Do you mind if I call you snow or should it be Mr. Mule?

After looking at that image, I am certain that you guys are crazy.

Spoiler
And that is coming from a guy that is preparing to spend his life savings on food that is rated to be around longer than him.

I had mentioned earlier the better-half had ordered a new sword. It arrived last night along with a battle spear.

Damascus steel

No need to beat the plow shares. Smiley Wink

She is pleased.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1592 of 2,258
(10,132 Views)

snow or should it be Mr. Mule?

Having had the pleasure of sloughing some suds near Mr. Mule

Spoiler
He dropped into a sno-mo swap event near me a few years ago and took the time out of his day to chat.

HAUSA would be a good nickname (How Are yoU Still Alive)

Mike! is a nice guy despite the occasional lack of respect for gravity   Newton's laws, may not be a frontal lobe aspect in him Smiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 1593 of 2,258
(10,125 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

snow or should it be Mr. Mule?

Having had the pleasure of sloughing some suds near Mr. Mule

Spoiler
He dropped into a sno-mo swap event near me a few years ago and took the time out of his day to chat.

HAUSA would be a good nickname (How Are yoU Still Alive)

Mike! is a nice guy despite the occasional lack of respect for gravity   Newton's laws, may not be a frontal lobe aspect in him Smiley Very Happy

Self-explanatory guide:

http://www.extremelysmart.com/humor/howtofly.php

Message 1594 of 2,258
(10,109 Views)

NOT political so relax!!!!

So I was watching the news and observed that James Comey seemed to tower over those around him.

Curious I started to do a Google search and I was disturbed since the auto-complete of the search phrase is often and indication that Google has been tracking my browsing and is pushing something on me.

Spoiler

I just had to type;

"How tall"

and the second autocomplete option was "how tall James Comey".

So I was not the first person to notice. The answer by the way is 6'8".

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1595 of 2,258
(10,058 Views)

In a kind of (not really) similar vein to what Ben just wrote:

When I go to get some cash from an ATM I began to notice that the amount of money I wanted to get started matching perfectly the amount the ATM suggested to me.  It became more and more noticeable that the machine apparently knew how much money I wanted irrespective of which bank owned the ATM.  I thought that everybody must have been withdrawing the same amount of cash.  Whoever was at the machine before me always seemed to want the exact same transaction as me.  I was starting to believe I was just completely tuned in to the Zeitgeist and was an innocent part of some weird financial singularity.........

Then someone explianed that my ATM card simply has a small memory in the chip of how much money I withdraw last time and suggests the same amount to me next time.  I had simply become consistent in the amount of money I was withdrawing. Smiley Embarassed

I felt deflated.  For a moment I thought I belonged to something, no idea what, but something. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 1596 of 2,258
(10,050 Views)

There may be a place for you Shane.

I heard something last night about people are marrying themselves. Seeing you have a history of agreeing with yourself...

But then again, you are already spoken for.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1597 of 2,258
(10,047 Views)

@Ben wrote:

There may be a place for you Shane.

I heard something last night about people are marrying themselves. Seeing you have a history of agreeing with yourself...

But then again, you are already spoken for.

Ben

I'm sure there are plenty of us who are interested in Sologamy

Certified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpgCertified_TestStand_Architect_rgb.jpg

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

Message 1598 of 2,258
(10,043 Views)

Not sure that actually agreeing is a hallmark of marriage. 😉

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 1599 of 2,258
(10,030 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

Then someone explianed that my ATM card simply has a small memory in the chip of how much money I withdraw last time and suggests the same amount to me next time.  I had simply become consistent in the amount of money I was withdrawing. Smiley Embarassed

Do you really think it is memory in the chip?  I figured it was probably the ATM machine querying the network and that is where your patterns are stored.

0 Kudos
Message 1600 of 2,258
(10,023 Views)