CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSLUG December 2023 - Joint Event with RAL LUG

Hi Everyone,

Many things to Sarah at Rutherford Appleton Labs we will be joining them again for December.

The user group is scheduled for Wednesday 14th December morning. Arrive for 10am with talks from 10.30am.

If anyone has anything they want to talk about then please let me know by commenting on the thread below and I'll get the official sign ups live in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers,

James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(914 Views)

Hi Everyone,

Registration is now live!

In Person: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cslug-december-2023-in-person-tickets-754431493907?aff=oddtdtcreator

Virtual: https://events.teams.microsoft.com/event/9a76d55b-0a4b-4138-a292-66f9f53c44e9@7366c578-54dd-4be0-bcd...

Some of you may remember we had to abandon virtual at this location last time. Obviously when we are moving between places it can be hard to predict how easy it is to enable virtual access. I'm going to allow more time to troubleshoot this time so fingers crossed! However, there is a risk we will have the same issues.

We are still looking for speakers - whether you have a topic you can talk about or something you are interested in then let me know and we can track people down.

If I can work out the right person from NI I'm tempted to try and get someone in to discuss the Emerson merger if there is anything much to discuss by then! Would that be interesting?

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(836 Views)

Hi James. 

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away for a bit. 

Yes, I'd be very interested to hear what the NI/Emmerson Merger will mean for the future of LabVIEW and NI Hardware.  

Andreas

Kind regards
LabVIEW Fairy

cRIO Enthusiast
Please mark solutions when appropriate.
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(801 Views)

Hi Andreas,

Let me see who I can find - I'm not sure there is actually much to say for now from the various parts I've heard but I'll see who I might find.

It's been very quiet here so I'll throw a topic in the ring.

"TDMS in 2023"

Run through the basics of TDMS as a file format, what is good and bad about it and compare it to a few other formats I'm coming across more regularly, probably SQLite, HDF5 and Parquet files

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(772 Views)

Hi James.

Yeah, I would think that people are a bit dried up after Gdev. 

I'd be keen on learning more about TDMS, as I feel like there are gaps in my knowledge regarding the file type, which became glaringly apparent during my last project.  

I could give presenting a try, however, I don't at the moment have a topic. I'll put my thinking hat on and see if I can find a topic. 

Kind regards
LabVIEW Fairy

cRIO Enthusiast
Please mark solutions when appropriate.
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(757 Views)

The video for this session is now online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S_C6VC2-aw

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(620 Views)