Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passed my CLD! :)

I have just got 5 minutes ago my CLD exam result, I have passed it! 🙂 I am so happy 🙂

I tried to do a proper documentation, also explaining the missing functional parts and how I would do those, if I had enough time.

These are the points:

Style: 13,5/15
Functionality: 6,5/15
Documentation: 10/10

30/40 --> 75%

Thank you very much for All who gave me good advices, the LabView forum was an essential part during my learning 🙂

Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 16
(6,603 Views)

Congratulations!  We saw you were putting in a lot of work to get ready for it.

Out of pure curiosity, what were the 1.5 style points you lost for?  I'm asking mostly just to help other people avoid the same issues.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(6,594 Views)

"Wires objects overlapping. VI inadequately modularized. Controls overlapping on subVI front panel(s). "

Due to the "rush, I did not choose the best subVIs/mainVI combination or "synergy" if I can say so. The first and last notes regarding to simply the fact I have overlooked these things due to the nervousness at the end of the exam. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(6,591 Views)

I just could not resist, I had to set my signature 🙂

Message 4 of 16
(6,555 Views)

Blokk,

Awesome Job!

It's nice to see that you passed after all the forum posts you made in preperation for the exam.  Also goes to show why we spend so much time focusing on on style and documentation here.

Now I just hope that you continue to keep those same standards of style and documentation when you are making your own applications.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(6,536 Views)

Well done and big congratulations. You've earned yourself a pint 😉

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(6,527 Views)

Congratulations!

I hope to be a CLD very soon too.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(6,520 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

I have just got 5 minutes ago my CLD exam result, I have passed it! 🙂 I am so happy 🙂

I tried to do a proper documentation, also explaining the missing functional parts and how I would do those, if I had enough time.

These are the points:

Style: 13,5/15
Functionality: 6,5/15
Documentation: 10/10

30/40 --> 75%

Thank you very much for All who gave me good advices, the LabView forum was an essential part during my learning 🙂

Smiley Very Happy

Congratulations!! Continue to visit the forums and learn from others, the learning doesn't stop here and start aiming for the CLA 🙂  Also, if you haven't done so already, check out : https://lavag.org/  there are lots of good topics and help there as well.

One minor thing. You might want to start watching how you spell LabVIEW. Make sure you spell it as LabVIEW on your posts, on your resume, on your LinkedIn page, everywhere. It is a minor thing, but among LabVIEW developers, that will bring your CLD down a notch 😉 

Contratulations again!

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(6,506 Views)

Thanks everyone! And I will keep in mind the proper naming of the word "LabVIEW" 🙂

Actually I did not really consider so far the CLA certificate. I work in a governmental research lab, and (thanks God! 🙂 ) I do not have to sell my applications to anyone 🙂 But of course I want to create maintainable and well documented apps so other colleagues including future ones can easily alter/extend them if needed. So in this territory the preparation toward the CLD exam was a big help.

Since I only make small to middle projects, and I develop alone, I think the CLA is not really for me...Specially because my background is not programming but physics, so I do not feel I could be a competition to a real programmer who works in object oriented way and studied programming theory, algorithms, etc, for years...

Just a few months ago I started to teach LV to some colleagues including undergraduate and PhD students (we reached so far the end of the Core 1). Since this is not an official seminar, I use the NI self-paced-learning teaching material including the online videos. Of course, I skip some parts and I extend others with my own examples and exercises as necessary. Teaching LV really forced me to fill some gaps in my knowledge, and I really enjoy this kind of activity.

So instead of becoming a CLA, I think I need to improve my teaching skills (of course, beside increasing my proficiency in LV itself), since this could be an important part of my future career as we are not only a research lab but part of a big university.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(6,495 Views)

Sounds great, congratulations!

Best regards,

CsabaF
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(6,472 Views)