Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Put Recertification Points Balance Online

Solved!
Go to solution

I was wondering if it would be possible for users to view their own recertification points balance online e.g. linked to NI.com account or forums account.

I believe the current system to check balance is to email CertificationRewards@ni.com and wait for a response. This must cause quite an admin burden.

I have a friend who is recertifying at the moment and he told me that sometimes the response is very prompt, but sometimes it takes a while, especially around holidays. If you submit evidence for activities that earn points and don't hear back, there can be uncertainty about whether the email was received. Is there any reason stopping an online balance being implemented?

Kind regards,

Leah

Message 1 of 7
(3,061 Views)

I'd take it a step further: make a page for submitting points as well.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,048 Views)

Good point, that would be useful! And then you could see the status i.e. waiting for approval or accepted.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,018 Views)

+Kudos your idea!!

I'd like to suggest to post your great idea on Idea Exchange but, I have no idea which forum is right place...

Can NI crtification team check this post...?

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,858 Views)

Thanks Yu.T!

I have also wondered whether anyone in the certification team monitors this board. I thought about making my suggestion on the Idea Exchange, but believe it is intended for specific NI software and hardware products rather than general customer experience feedback.

Perhaps you could try emailing the certification team or submit website feedback. I'll try the latter and see if I get a response. 

Message 5 of 7
(2,814 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author leahmedwards

Hello all

Sorry for the delay in replying. The certification team does keep an eye on the forum but we have more of a passive role in trying to allow the forum to function as a community of LabVIEW users.

This option is something that we have actually discussed and we want to make it a reality for our customers but because of the site going to major changes recently this is one of the ideas that we couldn't implement. 

Hopefully, in the near future, we will have this option available to all of our customers but for now, we appreciate a lot these ideas so please keep them coming.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,746 Views)

Thank you for your reply. 

Good to hear it might get added in the future when that becomes possible.

Many thanks,

Leah

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,711 Views)