Chicago LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRC Mentor Training Monday December 3rd in Waukegan Il.

Hello,

For those of you that don’t know me my name is Mark Balla.

I am an avid LabVIEW user and a FIRST mentor and supporter since 2006. I have a long history with National Instruments (NI) the producers of the FIRST controls system and LabVIEW. 

NI has created a free four-hour hands-on training to prepare mentors for the upcoming FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC). Tecnova has been allowed to host the training at our Waukegan office next Monday December 3rd

Please note that this training is geared specifically for mentors, not students. This is a hands on session so FRC controllers and supporting hardware will be provided by National Instruments.

In this seminar, an NI engineer will cover the following:

• An overview of FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology), FRC, and the FRC control system
  • Software development fundamentals—how to coach students to implement flow charts or state transition diagrams to solve control applications
  • Introduction to NI LabVIEW system design software, dataflow programming, and common programming structures used in FRC code templates
  • Programming an FRC robot—explore and program the robots using the FRC functions and VIs

Session Options:

Monday, December 3rd

Tecnova

2383 N Delaney Rd.

Waukegan Il, 60087

Session 1: 12:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m
Session 2: 4:30 p.m – 8:30 p.m.

To register please contact

mballa@tecnova.com

Please respond by 4pm Friday November 30th

Seats are limited and the late session is likely to fill up quickly so if you are able please consider attending the early session.

Additional Materials for Teams and Mentors:

If you know anyone involved with the FRC program who would be interested please forward this email to them.

Hope to see you at the training

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,749 Views)