Chicago LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas for a coding based LV UGM

Thanks to everyone who came out the user group meeting.

Please post any suggestions on how we can improve coding based meetings in the future?

Do you like them?

Where they useful?

How would you improve on them in the future.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,255 Views)

Mark,

I think the use of exercises is VERY useful for me.  I am sort of self-taught from books like "Labview for Beginners" etc. and I find the exercises are very effective tools for honing my skills at coding.  Having experienced people around while you are struggling through some challenging exercise is a great way to do the exercises. I wonder if maybe some exercises could be offered in advance of the next meeting, and then we could maybe discuss various approaches to developing solutions at the meeting, and of course, do more exercises live at the meeting.  For me, exercises are a great way to learn any problem solving skill.

Loved the meeting yesterday, and plan to keep attending them.

Dave

Message 2 of 4
(4,111 Views)

Mark,

I, like Dave, am self taught, and this format is GREAT for me. I think Joseph did an excellent job.  I will continue to struggle through this as time permits.  Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of being able to dedicate alot of time to learning LV, I do work on it every chance I get.  Everyone is very helpful and patient, so thank you all for that!

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,111 Views)

Enjoyed the afternoon very much. How about a session on TDMS and other data storage methods?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,111 Views)