Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Panel Reference Design Libraries

I found some time to implement a reboot VI for the touch panel.  I'll eventually include it in the Registry Access library, but for the moment it's attached to this post.  Note that it calls one of the error handling VIs from the registry access library so you'll need that library installed.

Ryan King

NI Systems Engineer

Message 11 of 20
(8,139 Views)

Thank you for that library. This is really great work.

Luc

banniere Luc Livre NXG Champion.png

Luc Desruelle | Mon profil | Mon blog LabVIEW | Auteur livre LabVIEW : Programmation et applications - G Web
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) & Certified TestStand Developper (CTD) | LabVIEW Champion

MESULOG - LinkedIn site | NERYS - NERYS Group
| directeur CEO MESULOG
| CODIR - NERYS group

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(7,866 Views)

Glad you found it useful.  Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Ryan K.

NI Systems Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(7,863 Views)
Hello. I want to duplicate TPC. Where can i find a tool? I’ve read in the article “Best-Practices for Touch Panel Deployment » there is an  « Replicating an NI 6” Touch Panel », but I don’t find it. It’s a non NI TPC…

Luc Desruelle | Mon profil | Mon blog LabVIEW | Auteur livre LabVIEW : Programmation et applications - G Web
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) & Certified TestStand Developper (CTD) | LabVIEW Champion

| directeur CEO MESULOG
| CODIR - NERYS group

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(7,836 Views)
We are still working on getting that document posted.  We do have code to replicate a 6" TPC, but I'm not sure how well it will work on a non-NI touch panel.  The process should be pretty similar though.  I'm going to attach the code to this post, but keep in mind that it's not in a finalized version.
Message 15 of 20
(7,830 Views)
I’ve tried it on an Advantech TPC 66 (replication 6’’) and this program works fine. Thank you

| directeur CEO MESULOG
| CODIR - NERYS group

Message 16 of 20
(7,812 Views)

Hello,

I read all your comments on Registry Access and Replication Management that are very useful for us (thanks !!!) and I think that maybe you can answer to this question.

I work on a big project for PDA application with LV 8.6 Mobile Module (that could be deployed on Pocket PC2003, CE 5.0, and Mobile 6 targets) and I encounter some problems with display refresh : For my controls & indicators when I want to set their property to visible or not (changing periodically), I have got sequential blinking/flashing effect on each controls & indicators and the application performances strongly decrease which is very bad for a monitoring application.

I wonder if it is possible with Mobile Mobule (or maybe with Touch Panel Module) to defer Panel update (as we can do with LV on WinXP target) and if this action could increase my application performances ??? 

Cordialement,

Mathieu O.
Certified LabVIEW Architect - CLA (2013)
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(7,763 Views)

Because defering panel updates is something that happens in LabVIEW rather than in the underlying window, I don't think it's something you could implement using the Windows CE API.  Some of my touch panel apps do hide and show controls without difficulty, but I don't do much programming for mobile devices, which probably have less processing power.  One thing that used to be common when doing graphics programming was to double buffer the images, this means you have one image in the background and another in the foreground, you update the background image, and then switch the two.  I think you could probably do the same thing with front panels using some of the window manipulation VIs (i.e. have two very similar front panels, make all the updates to one, and then show it and hide the other.  Next time you need a big update, do the same process in reverse).  I have no idea if the overhead of having two VIs open would be any better than the overhead of the screen updates, but it's worth a shot.  I'd also suggest you post this question in one of the more general forums, as it's not something I've looked into.

Regards,

Ryan K.

Message 18 of 20
(7,755 Views)

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for your answer and to try to give me a workaround for my problem.

I'm going to see this and post it on general forum (http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=435942)

Regards.

Mathieu

Cordialement,

Mathieu O.
Certified LabVIEW Architect - CLA (2013)
Message 19 of 20
(7,732 Views)

i am using the libraries and they do work, but my window maximizes before it resizes. what can be done about this?

JY

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(7,053 Views)