Continuous Integration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using Bamboo?

I have been tasked with looking into the CI tool Bamboo, which is currently used in our company for other things. Ultimately we would like to use bamboo to trigger the start of a functional test. I don't think there is a plan yet to use it to do a LabVIEW build. 

Anyone using a CI tool in this way? to start a test or series of LabVIEW tests?

I have been trying to read and get a good understanding of how some of the CI solutions work as well

Jeff D.

Certified Architect LabVIEW Champion DQMH Framework

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,358 Views)

Hi Jeff!

I'm not using Bamboo (I don't like paying Atlassian $$$), but I've got a pretty large pile of unit tests kicked off as part of the build process for the DCAF project (ni.com/dcaf, github.com/LabVIEW-DCAF) using Jenkins and the NI Unit Test Framework.

We put together a document that goes through some of the procedure with Jenkins here: https://github.com/LabVIEW-DCAF/buildsystem/blob/master/docs/CLI%20Tutorial.pdf

I'd recommend giving the LV CLI tool a look: vipm://wiresmith_technology_lib_labview_cli?repo_url=http://ftp.ni.com/evaluation/labview/lvtn/vipm

Happy testing!

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(5,354 Views)

Thanks Matt!!

I will read the PDF and look at the LV CLI tool. CI is new to me so I have plenty to learn

Jeff D.

Certified Architect LabVIEW Champion DQMH Framework

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,349 Views)

We use Jenkins to call TestStand sequences (which calls LabVIEW code modules). It has been relatively trouble free so far. We have faced some issues with reporting the results properly in the Continuous Integration (CI) framework. I would recommend thinking the entire end-to-end process through before picking the CI framework. For eg:

1. Has the CI framework got plugins for the Source Code Control (SCC) system you are using?

2. What format will you be generating your results in? Can the CI framework process the results in this format to generate useful display dashboards?

Thanks and Regards,

Supreeth

Thanks and Regards,
Supreeth.K

Message 4 of 4
(4,471 Views)