Continuous Integration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating CI/CD Installation on Test PC

Hi Team,

I've got my CI server (Jenkins) set up nicely and it returns build executables and installers. Now I want to take it to the next level.

I have another PC that is set up with barebones Windows 10, and I was wanting to automate installing the latest build onto this PC (ever on a successful Jenkins build, or nightly/weekly windows scheduled task). (So I can speed up user acceptance testing, and make sure the installed exe still works with all the connected hardware). 

Using the below command I'm able to uninstall the software

rem :: this batch file must be run as an administrator
wmic product where name="<name of software>" call uninstall

However, I've been unable to re-install a the msi installer (created from LabVIEW 2019 - via Jenkins).

I've been trying variants of this with no success

msiexec /i "<path of installer exe" /passive
rem :: "/passive" is used to show the user interface a progress bar, but have no user input.

I thought it would be pretty straightforward, but I'm having no luck. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,831 Views)

Solved - sorry, I have a bad habit of solving my own issues - but only after I've posted 😂

I don't know why I didn't try this earlier, but you can install your own build applications in the same way you would install NI software via a batch file.

rem :: Silent: setup /q /AcceptLicenses yes
rem :: Basic: setup /qb /AcceptLicenses yes 
rem :: Basic Full: setup /qf /AcceptLicenses yes
rem :: ------------------------------------------------------
rem :: Suppress final reboot: /r, /r:n 
rem :: Force final reboot: /r:f
rem :: ------------------------------------------------------
rem :: example script:
"<path to installer exe" /qb /AcceptLicenses yes /r:f
Message 2 of 2
(2,825 Views)