Continuous Integration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 22Q3 install fails in docker container

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble installing LabVIEW 22 Q3 in a docker container. I attached the docker file I use, need to remove .txt. It seems to be running fine, but it always fails, when installing NI offline help viewer:

Downloading ni-offline-help-viewer_22.5.0.49178-0+f26_windows_x64.nipkg: Done
Installing ni-offline-help-viewer: Done
Error -125083: An error occurred while installing a package: ni-offline-help-viewer (22.5.0.49178-0+f26)

Additional error information:
Error -125441: The executable returned error '1' after running the custom execute command 'path='"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\netsh.exe"', arguments='advfirewall firewall add rule name="NI Offline Help Viewer" dir=in action=block program="C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\Offline Help Viewer\NIOfflineHelpViewer.exe"''.

Is this a known issue?

Is there a way of excluding certain packages?

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,234 Views)

@PeterFoerster wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble installing LabVIEW 22 Q3 in a docker container. I attached the docker file I use, need to remove .txt. It seems to be running fine, but it always fails, when installing NI offline help viewer:

[code block with error that NI forums don't seem to like me quoting]

Is this a known issue?

I haven't seen it before, but the Offline Help Viewer is new to 2022 I think, and I haven't tried 2022 (2021 is the latest I've used for Docker).

@PeterFoerster wrote:

Is there a way of excluding certain packages?

See https://github.com/oist/LabVIEW_Dockerfiles and in particular the "FakePackageCreator_ByName.ps1" and perhaps one of the Dockerfiles for usage. From there you could probably adapt it to just generate the package you want (changing things like "-versionPattern", and either the default package list (in the first file) or passing the package name you want explicitly).

For description of what's being done, I think I've written other forum posts, or there's a 40ish minute video describing some of this (and some other bits you wouldn't need) at GDevCon here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xk8GsoWISI

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,195 Views)

Thanks! I'll look into them when I get a moment.

To be honest, I wrote this as more of a heads-up to NI and to see if it's just me.

It's a bit frustrating having to jump through all these hoops when you see how easy this is for other languages. The whole process of creating an image takes 10 minutes for a node.js project. I played around with this for a bit to see what's possible and it seems that LabVIEW on Docker is not quite there yet, because of things like this.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,179 Views)