Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After loading driver, I am missing slew of dlls which are present on the disk

Solved!
Go to solution
I am attempting to reinstall in-house written (but long ago in a faraway land by a possibly mythical programmer) software on an XP system, which is supposed to allow a PCI-6602 to communicate with an SCB-68. The drivers (DAQMX software for windows v. 8.5) appear to load just fine, but when I run the application, it whines about missing a whole slew of dlls which are not present in v. 8.5. They are present in v. 6.9.3, however. I have tried uninstalling 8.5 and installing 6.9.3 - and the application still whines about the missing dlls! Although they are present on the disk, they do not get installed when the DAQMX software installs itself. I can't just copy the files in question from the installation disk, because there are a lot of them, and most, if not all of them exist in 2 or three different versions each: e.g. nidaq32.dll.SOME_RANDOM_CODE, nidq32.dll.ANOTHER_RANDOM_CODE. I guess I *could* copy them, of course, but the number of possible combinations is daunting, and I feel sure there is a more intelligent way to figure this out.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,967 Views)
Solution
Accepted by CluelessSue

Hi Sue,

nidaq32.dll is associated with the NI-DAQ traditional driver, so I'm wondering if the program could have been written before DAQmx was introduced.  What version of LabVIEW was your program written with?  Also, you may want to verify that you need the Traditional NI-DAQ rather than the DAQmx for your program.  If you have your NI-DAQ CD, install the traditional driver with all of the support.  You can also download the latest version of the traditional NI-DAQ driver 7.4.4 at ni.com at this location:http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/570/lang/en. 

Good luck!

AnitaB

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Message Edited by author support on 12-22-2008 12:06 PM
Anita B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,952 Views)