Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Footswitch Control

Solved!
Go to solution

I am very new to Labview. I am trying to simulate footswitchcontrol for laser pulsing where pulse count will be set by the user. I amhaving difficulty with the 2 time functions. t1 is the switch closure(100-250mS) and t2 is the switch cycle time(500-1000 mS). I have started with afor loop which I think is better in this case. I am using Daq-Mx NI usb 6008. Ihave tried looking for some similar example code but have not found any. Anyhelp will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,163 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JayP

Hi Jay,

I am not sure that I  understand your application.  What do you want to do for t1 and t2?  Are you controlling a switch with the 6008?  From what it sounds like, you want a pulse with a high time of t1 = 100-250 ms and a the low time of t2 - t1, i.e., t1 + low time = t2 (total cycle time).  Is this correct?  Are you using the digital lines or the analog output?  This Discussion Forum Post will show you a good example for creating a software timed digital pulse train.  This should work for your application, as you are switching relatively slowly.

Regards,
Jim Schwartz
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,141 Views)
Thanks a lot for getting back Jim. I am controlling a switch with 6008 and you are exactly right about t1+low time=t2(total cycle time). I am using digital lines which I think should work fine for this application. I am going to try with the example you gave and will get back to you. Thanks a lot again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,106 Views)