cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wind turbine overspeed guard

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I bought a Arduino uno board and labveiw bundle to replace VOG (vestas overspeed guard). i'm basicly looking for a pulse counter that will trip a relay when it counts to many pulses in a certain amount of time. I have no experience with labveiw and on a schedule, can anyone help me out?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,316 Views)

First, you need to be much more specific about what kind of help you want.

What parts of the project will you be doing with LabVIEW and what parts with the Arduino?

Do you want to learn to program in LabVIEW? Do you have time to do so on your schedule? Do you want to hire someone to write LV code for you? Do you want to hire someone to do the whole porject?

The advice will depend strongly on the answers to those (and probably some other) questions.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,314 Views)

I'm a college student, so i can't hire anyone. i guess i'm just asking if there are any good labveiw examples that might get me started.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,303 Views)

How will you be communicating between the Arduino and LabVIEW?  

What will the LV program be doing? What will the Arduino do?

Look under the Help menu for Find Examples... There are examples for serial communications and for hardware I/O and a lot of other things. In the latest versions of LV most of the examples are pretty well written. In some of the earlier versions some of the examples wer not so good.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,291 Views)
Solution
Accepted by WindTech

A good place to start is pretty much anywhere in the "Analysis, Signal Processing, and Mathematics folder" (Yes the folder's name is that long). The sub folders "Signal Processing" and "Signal and Noise Generation" may be what you are looking for. There are many examples in there on pulsing and signal transmission.

The counter you are looking to implement may need a little clever thought though.

Hope that helps!

Rob W.
Message 5 of 5
(6,271 Views)