DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis drop down channel select has disappeared

I and and co-worker have very recently run into an issue. When doing an any analysis and selecting a function, the drop downs for channel selection are no longer there. The boxes do have a channel selected and it is possible to drag and drop a channel into the box, although behavior can be odd with other boxes changing values.

Conditions, fresh install of DIAdem 2019 on Windows 10 64bit enterprise using the example file initially loaded. The image attached shows that the "Time channel" has "[1]/Time" but the drop down to be able to select a different channel for the "Time channel" isn't there.

I suspect a recent windows update? But I really don't know and being in a corporate environment I can't do much with the OS.

I have completely removed DIAdem and reinstalled to no avail. The co-worker has not reinstalled or done anything to his computer recently and his started the same issue.

This also manifests itself in running scripts. It acts as if those channels cannot be selected by the script either and they fail.

Any advice?

Robert

PS  We have test machines in our lab that don't get windows updates. This behavior doesn't happen if I install it on one of those. Their windows 10 image is over a year old at this point. I am also a "Power User" on my own computer with the ability to installed/uninstall progrograms.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,311 Views)

Well, I may have stumbled on the answer here - 

Solution
Accepted by topic author markwkiehl

Hi All,

We do plan on reinstating the pinning feature in the Data Portal-- both for interactive and programmatic use.  We hope to squeeze it into the DIAdem 2019 SP1 release near the end of calendar year 2019.  And yes, the cause was that we upgraded the Data Portal user interface to support 150,000 channels in DIAdem 2019 vs. the previous 65,535 channel limit.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Which in turn led me to here - https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000fzNISAY&l=en-US 

Would anybody else be able to confirm that this may have broken scripts that look for a specific channel name? Right now I am going to see if there is an alternative way to call a channel in a script.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,209 Views)

Hi Robert,

The drop-down channel selection boxes disappeared in DIAdem 2019 on purpose due to performance issues when we expanded the maximum number of channels includable in the Data Portal from 65535 to 150000.  You can now drag&drop as before or type in the channel name directly.  After the first 2 characters you type, you will get a droplist of matching channel names.  You can use just the ChannelName or the [GroupIndex]/ChannelName, based on your use case.

Please provide more information about your scripts that are struggling all of a sudden to use channel references.  Nothing has changed there, and existing scripts should still function as before.  Please provide the code that struggles and the exact error message you get.

Brad Turpin

Senior Technical Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,739 Views)