DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining which Diadem to be called from a external command if we different versions running

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,

How do i manually set which version of diadem should be called from a external command. Current calls is activating diadem 11.1 where i need to 10.2 to be called.

regards

S

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,430 Views)

Hello dragnov,

DIAdem provides the following variables for this:

ProgramVersion
ProgramRevision
ProgramBuild

' since DIAdem 2010:
ProgramVersionName

Detailed information you find in the DIAdem online-help.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,427 Views)

Hi

I suppose the post before didn't answer your question.

If you communicate via OLE, you always get the program which was launched at first. As I know is that a restriction of OLE. So you must close all DIAdem versions and start the one you would like to work with. In general, if you would like to use more than one DIAdem revision on the same PC it is necessary to have main user privileges.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,422 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

i have few clarification on you suggestions, yes i'm accessing using OLE.

>>If you communicate via OLE, you always get the program which was launched at first

if this is the case, where do they right in the machine that this is the version last launched. do they keep any registry entries or some kind of tracking mechanism on this ??

I fouund in one of the registry entry created by diadem {285E4FB2-F633-11D1-85DC-008048D9A408} pointing to the newer version of diadem 'LocalServer32'. You have any idea of this?

with regards,

S

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,419 Views)

Hi dragnov,

You're on the right track.  The general behavior is that the most recent version launched manually will be the version launched via an ActiveX command invoking DIAdem.ToCommand or DIAdem.ToDataSheet.  This information is indeed recorded in the DIAdem section of the Windows registry, and you can manually or programmatically alter this registry entry prior to calling DIAdem via an ActiveX command.  I don't recall the registry key name off the top of my head, but it sounds from your last post like you're staring at it already.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,415 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dragnov

Hi dragnov,

You're on the right track.  The general behavior is that the most recent version launched manually will be the version launched via an ActiveX command invoking DIAdem.ToCommand or DIAdem.ToDataSheet.  This information is indeed recorded in the DIAdem section of the Windows registry, and you can manually or programmatically alter this registry entry prior to calling DIAdem via an ActiveX command.  I don't recall the registry key name off the top of my head, but it sounds from your last post like you're staring at it already.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,415 Views)

Hi,

Yes this is managed via registry. But I don't know whether it is possible and/or how to change that entry.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,411 Views)

Hello dragnov,

as DIAdem implements a standard COM Sever you don't have to know the registry keys. Just start the desired DIAdem version with -regserver as parameter. DIAdem will just update the registry for this version and terminate immediatly. The next external call will use this DIAdem version.

Matthias

Matthias Alleweldt
Project Engineer / Projektingenieur
Twigeater?  
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,389 Views)

Ok, thank you for the answer. I appreciate that response. Will try that possibiity.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,365 Views)