DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view in NI DIAdem U64 data more than a 15 digits long format?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello dear DIAdem’s users and professionals!

Trying to solve engineering task, I faced with some difficulties trying to represent data in DIAdem. I have 19 digits integer U64 number (time in nanoseconds) and I need to see all 19 integer digits in DIAdem VIEW tables. But unfortunately, I just see only integer 15 digits of my integer data and zeros (000) after it instead 4 meaningful digits. As I know, data stored in DIAdem in double float format. Do you have any ideas or solutions, how to see all 19 digits (and more) ? MaybeI have to create variable with extended integer format ?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,269 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mihalis

What input format do you use for input?

If it is a VBS DataPlugin you can split the U64 into two U32 channels.

Message 2 of 5
(3,239 Views)

AndreasK, thanks for answer and idea. I make in LabVIEW 19 digits U64 format number (for example 1 234 567 891 234 567 891 (without spaces). I need this one huge number. But in DIAdem VIEW I see 1 234 567 891 234 560 000. I got idea to split U 64 at two U32 channels, but may be DIAdem has something, how to represent U64, 19 digits without losing?  May be it’s work in DIAdem’s Reports, or as I supposed to use variable of special type to transfer number from TDMS file to DIAdem VIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,226 Views)

Hi Mihalis,

The fundametal basis of your difficulty is that the values of all channels loaded into DIAdem are automatically turned in DBLs, which has only about 52 or 53 bits of resolution outside the exponand.  You will have to send your 19 digits to at least two DIAdem channels during loading in order to see in DIAdem all the resolution of the data on disk.  This is why Andreas recommended a change in the DataPlugin loading the data file.  With a TDMS file, your best bet is to store this information to two separate channels in the TDMS file.

Neither DIAdem nor VBScript have a way to represent U64 data.  We're stuck with workarounds.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 4 of 5
(3,221 Views)

Hi Brad,

thanks you for explanation about the DIAdem data formats. I think, restriction in DIAdem is a good point to avoid use huge numbers (like U64 for example) in applications and to think carefully about how to use data and how it processes correctly. I believe that DIAden was made by smart guys and they thought over everything and I will try to find out it. Thank you again!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,199 Views)