cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TDM Excel Add-In does not work

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right board, but I do not find a better one.

I have installed the newest version of the TDM Excel Add-In (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/2944, LAST CHANGE: July 23, 2008 [ 2.0.1.14 ]). The commandbar appears in Excel, but the first two controls are only gray. And even worse, the only one that works it the About Dialog. At least I see that the version of the Add-In is matching. When I press the other two controls, nothing happens. I have removed the commandbar in Excel, uninstalled the Add-In and reinstalled it after a reboot. But nothing changed. (The version of Excel is 2000.)
Does the Add-In run successfully on somebody's computer?

Greetings,
shb

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,625 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shb
Sorry, I have overlooked that "The TDM Excel Add-In supports Excel 2003 and higher." I will reinstall the old version.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,581 Views)

What program is used to open .tdx and .tdm data file extensions. These files are made after I log data. When I try and open the .tdm file in excel it is limited to the first 254 lines this is not enough.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,744 Views)

The current version of the TDM Excel Add-In supports up to 16,384 columns in case the Excel version you're using is 2007 or higher.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,738 Views)

what is the link to it?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,736 Views)

how many rows does it support?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,734 Views)

The TDM Excel Add-In 3.0 or higher supports as many rows as Excel offers.

Excel 2003: 65536 rows

Excel 2007 and higher: 1048576 rows

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,731 Views)

Hi Tim,

the current version of the TDM Excel Add-In is available at http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/2944

The number of rows support is ~1million in case you're using Excel 2007 or higher.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,661 Views)

37.5 straight hours taking measurements every 100 seconds. Only the first 253 samples are being shown in the excel file. There are still 1097 samples that were logged but are not displayed on the sheet.

Please advice, do you have an email I could send you the files instead of posting them online?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,654 Views)

Tim,

Please send the file to me at the following email address:

otmar DOT foehner AT ni DOT com

I'll get back to you after testing your file with the latest Excel TDM plugin.

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,639 Views)