cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties in TDMS file not visible in Diadem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'am using Diadem 2011 to read a tdms file created in LabVIEW 2011.

In diadem i cannot see the properties (file, group or channel) i added myself to the tdms file, in LabVIEW withe the TDMS file reader they are visible.

Attached (in the zip), the TDMS file and an word doc with some screenshots.

Somebody knows what i'm doing wrong?

thx

Ben Engelen

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,148 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben_Engelen

Hello Ben,

the properties are loaded but not all properties are displayed in the Properties node in the tree control automatically. The context menu offers the ability to display properties in the tree.

But if you klick on the main root/group/channel node in the tree the properties are displayed in the window right bottom. There you will see your properties.

But in the DIAdem/DataFinder naming conventions following happens.

If you use one of the following characters in a custom property name, DIAdem replaces this character with an underscore: ., :, ,, ;, ', \, @, <, >, #, [, ], %, (, ), {, }, |, *, ?, =, !, ", ^, $, &, +, -, /, and a space.

So if you do not want to run into this you should rename the properties

Greetings

Andreas

Message 2 of 5
(5,142 Views)

Andreas -

The VIs posted here insert a '.' character into the names of array element properties, and it seems to work fine in LV 2011.1. The TDMS API does not replace that character with an underscore. Does that mean it shouldn't be in the list you gave?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,839 Views)

The LabVIEW TDMS API is not very picky, but Diadem is. If you read in Diadem a file containing any of these characters in property names and save it back to disk, all these characters will be replaced with an underscore. As long as you do not intend to read and modify your TDMS files in Diadem you should be safe.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 4 of 5
(4,837 Views)

Got it. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,834 Views)