DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

carriage returns causes enclosed VBScript to run and fail to complete

I am finding a weird problem.

I have my autosequence file working perfectly without any errors but the same VBscript file when enclosed runs and fails to complete I am unable to figure what is wrong.

I am using �vbCRLF� to read/write from INI files into the script files. Other than this I dont use any cariage returns. When Iopen my Script files in other editors like Notepad etc, I am able to find a small square kind of a character. Is there some unseen Carriage Returns (CRs) or Line Feeds (LFs) or some combination due to which I am facing this.

(I am using DIAdem 9)

Can anyone please help me out with this immediately.
Thanks in advance,
Wating for your quick response.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,798 Views)
Hi,

please send me an small example for this behaviour.
My email address: walter.rick@ni.com

Greetings

Walter Rick
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,798 Views)
Hi,

We found another possible reason for the behavior you described. If you are using the operating system NT4, Win200 or Win-XP DIAdem stores the VBScript files in Unicode format. You can change that in DIAdem-SCRIP->Settings->Desktop parameters->Panel specific.

I hope this will solve the problem

Greetings

Walter Rick
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,798 Views)

Hello, I'm searching through the Diadem Forum and I didn't find something that I could use.

I have to exchange text information between to programs (DIAdem and CatmanProfessional).

My initial idea is to create INI file to acomplish this. Catman has a function to read or write quite easily describing the SECTIONS and KEYS of this INI file.

However I can't see something on Diadem Script. It onlys read or write Text files... And then I must extract the key values cutting and finding one by one.

I saw that Labview has an open VI to treat this, is there nothing similar for DIAdem?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,003 Views)