DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change TDMS format for DIAdem

I have written a TDMS file (ver 2) using LV 2011 but my users do not like the way the data appears in the channel table of the workspace.

The data is in group name 'data'.  It contains 3 channel names:  'time, counter, alldata'.  For each 'time' and 'counter' data value pair there are 1000+ data values in 'alldata.'  This means the size of channels 'time' and 'counter' are significantly smaller than channel 'alldata.'  The 1000+ data values correspond to channel names (actually memory locations) in group name 'memory map.'  There are properties associated with each channel name in this group.

My users would like to see a column headings for 'time', 'counter' and each channel name in the channel table along with the data; like you would see in a spreadsheet.

Is is possible to 're-display' in DIAdem or do I need to create another TDMS file from the original?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,858 Views)

faustina,
Can you attach a small example .TDMS file that shows how your data is organized?

Have you tried opening the .TDMS file in Excel using the Excel Importer? (Right-click > Open With > Excel Importer)

Jared A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,833 Views)

Hi faustina,

You could have your users run a VBScript to reshape the short channels to match the long channels.  It would be much more elegant for your TDMS file consumers if you produced channels of the same length.  DIAdem does not have a built in feature to change the display length of channel, you'd have to actually baloon the values of those short channels up to the same number as the large channels.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,828 Views)

Sorry, but I cannot attach a small sample of the current TDMS file. 

It sounds like the best way to handle this is to write a VI to create another TDMS file formated the way my users desire.  The reason the format is the way it is is because it was created for an application prior to my users discovering DIAdem.  Plus they still want to use the old application.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,806 Views)