DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem when tdm load

Hello,

i have many TDM files. I would like to load them in diadem and with the Call ExcelExport to export. Problem is, when the second TDM file loaded, the name can not be stored, only the channels. The first TDM is from the name to "VF-028 Logdata1", then should be the second also startet with the file name. How can i go through with this?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,793 Views)

Hi Andreas,

Is there a particular reason why you want to retain the file names of each of the sets of data you have?  DIAdem loads in TDM & TDMS files and places them within the same data portal set, group by group and channel by channel.  In this way, the group and channel names are retained and you can rename the data set from the original file name.

Regards,

Marshall B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,782 Views)

HelloMarschall ,

thanks for the reply. I need the data set name, because after loading, i want to export these data set with the data name,channel name and channel Value.

Best Regards

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,766 Views)

Hi Andreas,

maybe it would be sufficient to clear the DIAdem data portal before loading the second file by calling "DataDelAll" from within a script.

If you use drag&drop for loading try to drop on the root - this will clear the data portal before the file is loaded.

From rainy Aachen

Stefan

PS: I think you know about the TDM Excel Add-In which allows to directly load TDM(S) files into Excel?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,760 Views)

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your advice. With TDM Excel Add-In would all the data loaded, problem is, the length of excel is not enough for my TDM data. I hope only several channels exported, and make a list of them, with names of the data, channel names and channel data. Maybe i should use script, unfortunately i

am not familiar with that.

Best Regards

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,757 Views)

Hi Andreas,

Try taking a look at the following DIAdem Scripting Tutorial to see how to record processes within DIAdem for easier scripting.

I also recommend looking at one of our Community Examples to get a feel for how scripting can be used to automate processes in DIAdem.

Let me know how you get on with these.

Regards,

Marshall B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,734 Views)

Hi Marschall,

thanks a lot for the tipps. I would learn some script skills try to write  programms.

Could i ask anoher question? Now i have some empty channels, like Temperature. I also have a lot of TDM files, every TDM hat a temperature channel,

so the temp datas from different TDM files should be collected to channel Temperature one by one. Is there any founktions or anything else can help?

Best Regards

Andreas 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,719 Views)

Hi Andreas,

please have a look at the

Concatenate Channels 

Example in DIAdem 2012.

Regards

Stefan

Message 8 of 8