Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of EXE and Labview libraries

Question #1:

We are currently using the NI Add-on Licensing Tool to inject licensing data into our Labview libraries/VI’s and we are using InstantPLUS to inject the EXE. Is there a way to bind both the EXE and the libraries to the same license, i.e. if an EXE is activated the libraries are also automatic activated? This would be great to simplify the activation process for the customer.

Question #2:

So far, we have not used the SOLO to allow online activation, but we are planning to do so. I read somewhere that the SOLO server at softwarekey.ni.com can be used to handle licensing of Labview Add-ons, but not EXE’s. Is that true? Do we need another instance of the SOLO server if we need to handle online licensing of both EXE’s and Labview Add-ons? (In the future we may also need to handle .NET dll's...)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,740 Views)

Hello Gunnar,

Question 1:  One possible method is to use the TPLAT API in your EXE.  (Essentially this is the "Advanced Licensing" branch under EXE from this page https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17069).  Instead of using InstantPLUS to wrap your built EXE, you would call the Check License Status VI in your source code (usually during initialization).  If you have the Check License Status VI read the license file associated with your LabVIEW libraries, then you could potentially have one license file for both the library and EXE.  Please note, I have not tested this personally, so there may be additional caveats to this method.

Question 2:  The Standard Mode SOLO Server account is intended to be associated with libraries and not EXEs.  You can use one instance of the SOLO server for both when using Advanced Mode.  Note that successfully tying one license file to both the library and EXE (per Question 1) would allow you to fulfill both from one SOLO server.

Patrick
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,191 Views)