ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no installation ID on Solo Server when using TPLA

Hello

I noticed that the installation ID is not generated on the Solo Server when online activating a Labview library licensed with TPLA. As a consequence the Allow Reactivations on Same Computer feature cannot be used.

When I did an activation of a .exe file licensed with Instant Plus an installation ID number was generated.

Can anybody confirm this? Is this feature not yet available with the TPLA or am I misconfiguring something?

Thanks

Cristian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,782 Views)

Hello Cristian,

You are correct that this is a feature that is not currently available with the Third Party Licensing & Activation Toolkit.  However I agree that this is a feature that could be very useful and will discuss with my team to potentially implement in the future.  In the meantime as a workaround, if you have a customer that needs to reactivate their license, you can go into the license details and manually increase the number of activations remaining.  This will allow them to activate the license again.

I hope this helps clear things, up, and appreciate the feedback.  Please feel free to keep the new ideas coming!

David

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,379 Views)

Hi Cristian,

This issue should be resolved in LabVIEW 2014 Beta and TPLAT 2014 Beta. If you would like to test it out here are more details: Community: LabVIEW Tools Network Developer Center: Time to Test Drive LabVIEW 2014 Beta!

Please let us know if this works as you expected and if you have any feedback.

Thanks,

Sumedha

Sumedha Ganjoo | LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,379 Views)