Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on deployment on LabVIEW "non supported version"

Hi all,

I've got some question about the deployment of add-on integrating the new activation feature of LV2010.

Activation is supported with LabVIEW 2010, but deployment can be done on older version of LabVIEW with VIPM (if the package configuration is "well" configured).

My on case is the following:

- I've got an lvlib developed with LV 8.6 (easily “dowgradable” for older version of LV)

- This lvlib support equally windows and Linux

If I want to license this lvlib, I need to upgrade it in LV 2010, so I won't be able to deploy it on  LV 2009 or older ?

If someone can give more information about the LabVIEW “targetable” by an licenced add-on, I Look forward to hearing him.

Regards

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(8,190 Views)

Hi ojo,

You are correct, LabVIEW 2010 has a very integrated support for activation, and performs edit-time license checks on lvlibs that are licensed and has activation dialogs very similar to the activation dialogs for NI products. This is done by injecting the licensing information directly into the lvlib file.

We also support Run-Time licensing where the developer of the product has to manually check the license status by using one of the licensing VIs that are part of the 3rd Party Licensing & Activation Toolkit. We've saved the licensing VIs in LabVIEW 2009, so you should be able to perform the Run-Time licensing check in LabVIEW 2009 or later.

To download the LabVIEW 2009 Licensing & Activation Toolkit, you first need to install VI Package Manager 2010. VIPM is an add-on manager for LabVIEW and allows you to download and install add-ons directly into different versions of LabVIEW.

Once you have VIPM 2010 installed, click the following link to install the 2009 Licensing & Activation Toolkit:

vipm://ni_lib_third_party_licensing_&_activation_toolkit_for_labview_2009

Jervin Justin
NI TestStand Product Manager
Message 2 of 2
(3,288 Views)