Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create exe file with TPLA VIs

Solved!
Go to solution

I creatred a simple project (exe). Basically it's just a dialog box to enter activation mode. However i wasn't able to build it into exe. I have attached the projkect.

If i remove "Activate License.vi" from the block diagram, i'm able to build the exe file.

The error was "broken VI", but i was able to run the vi explicitly.

I'm using LV 2010SP1 windows 7.

This is the error message:

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 1502 occurred at AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Save.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Engine_Build.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Cannot save a bad VI without its block diagram.

I tried with all other VIs and its fine, I suspect its the poly VI. Probably the access scope of the internal classes. I happen to experience the same thing when developing a library.

Just to share my experience. Sorry, i can't help much besides providing info as i don't access the password protected VIs.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,708 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author j3r3mi
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,117 Views)

Hello j3r3mi,

I'm glad you were able to find a solution so quickly.  This is something we have seen before and specifically for TPLA Toolkit, we are tracking it under CAR #289834.  For others who may come across this post, the simple workaround is to uncheck "Remove unused polymorphic VI Instances" under Additional Exclusions Category in the build specifications.

Thanks again for your help.  Keep the feedback coming so we can continue to improve the product!

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,118 Views)