Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPLA distribution and TPLA dlls

When I build an exe using the TPLA it places the TPLA dlls in a Data folder (KEYLIB32.dll, SKCA32.dll) . I'am not sure this is the best solution. I think it would be better to place the dlls in System32 (yes- I know it is a mess) since they may be shared between more applications using TPLA.

But it seems that the link to the dlls in the (password protected) toolkit is linked to a static location instead of a generic (Library name or path: KEYLIB32.dll).

Maybe there a workaround to put the dlls in the system32 when building an exe?

H. Molsen, CIM Industrial Systems
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,145 Views)

Hi hmo,

One way to accomplish this would be to configure the installer you build for the exe to drop the DLLs into the System32 directory. The main drawback is that when the application launches, the user will see a dialog pop up briefly while LabVIEW searches for the DLL. The DLL will automatically be found since the System32 directory is one of the search paths.

Some things  to keep in mind:

1. You will have to include the DLL explicitly in the project so that you can specify the destination as System32

2. When you build the installer, you will have to explicitly un-include the DLL from the executable's \data folder.

Jervin Justin
NI TestStand Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,212 Views)

Hi Jervin

Thanks for your reply. The main drawback you mention is exactly what made me write the last post. The scanning for the dll doesn't give the application a professionel look - it looks more like a bug to the customer. So for now I will stick to the Data folder although I know this may give me trouble when I make the next application using TPLA.

A wish for Christmas would be that the location for the dll's in the toolkit would default to system32 (or be programmable from the API).

H. Molsen, CIM Industrial Systems
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,212 Views)