Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensed Toolkit Features

Hello,

First of all, I'm not sure to post in the right Group. Perhaps this Group --> http://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/add-on-licensing-toolkit-beta?view=overview is more appropriate... Let me know if I have to move this discussion.

I'm currently packaging a future toolkit using the new LV 2010 licensing and activation method.

I've successfully created a package, installed it in LV 2010 and I'm testing all features listed in p8 of the Sohum Misra's presentation (LICENSING & ACTIVATION TECHNOLOGY - Building commercial Software & Add-ons).

• Licensed toolkits displayed at launched time --> OK
  • Licensing check done at edit-time in LabVIEW --> OK
  • Broken VIs when licensing state is invalid or expired --> test in progress
  • Cannot build executables without a full license --> NOK
  • VIs have protected block diagrams --> OK
  • VIs have protection against “Save For Previous” --> OK

I'm currently able to build an executable with VIs from my toolkit even if the status toolkit is "Evaluation".

What I'm doing wrong ? Anybody has already test this feature ?

Thanks for your help

Olivier

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(9,291 Views)

Hi Olivier,

I'm not sure what's going on here. I just tested out the feature again with a test toolkit and the inclusion of eval-mode VIs in an executable build spec causes an error to be shown that the VI needs to be in "edit mode".

In the "VIs have protected block diagrams" bullet that you checked off above, can you verify that a similar error message to this is displayed when you open one of the eval licensed VIs that you include in your executable and change it to edit mode (Ctrl+M)?

editmode.png

Thanks,

Sohum.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,173 Views)

Hi Sohum,

As you can see below, I've got expected behavior for protected diagram...

Protection.png

I'm running LabVIEW 2010 on an Windows XP SP2 and I've build my package with VIPM 2010.

Do you think trying to protect the lvlib using "Add-on Licensing Tool" can be interesting to figure out the problem or not ?

Thanks,

Olivier

Olivier Jourdan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,173 Views)

Thanks for the update, Olivier. I'm not sure how app builder is succeeding in building the executable if the contained VI is read-only. I'll do some more testing on my end with the machine configuration you have and with a VIPM-built package.

ojo wrote:

I'm running LabVIEW 2010 on an Windows XP SP2 and I've build my package with VIPM 2010.

Do you think trying to protect the lvlib using "Add-on Licensing Tool" can be interesting to figure out the problem or not ?

This would definitely help eliminate one of the potential issues. Please remember to make a back-up of the library and the contained VIs before running the tool since unlike VIPM it directly modifies the library that is selected.

Thanks again!

-Sohum.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,173 Views)

new update :

• The behavior is similar using "Add-on Licensing Tool"
  • I've repeat all the process from package creation to build executable and point out some interesting things :
    • I've set up build specification with the least modifications as possible
    • Build is unsuccessful ! The following error is displayed :

• I've uncheck "Remove unused polymorphic VI instances" from "Additional Exclusions" category in build specification
    • Build is successful ?!
Hope this can help you to investigate.
Olivier
[Edit]Same build with non protected lvlib works fine... [\Edit]

Message was edited by: Olivier Jourdan

Olivier Jourdan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,173 Views)

Olivier,

Thanks for the updates. This will help in diagnosing the problem. I'll keep you posted when I figure out what is going on.

-Sohum.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,173 Views)

Sohum, an other possible helpful information, when the toolkit is activated, I can build EXE without uncheck "Remove unused polymorphic VI instances" option.

Hope it can help you.

Olivier

Olivier Jourdan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,173 Views)