Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I control output voltage of USB-6501 Digital I/O?

Solved!
Go to solution

I purchased USB-6501 this week for control my rf switch through Dsub connector.

But, I recognized that my switch is operated under 3.6V input voltage.

And, USB-6501 seems like making 5V output voltage.

Then, can I control the output voltage? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(473 Views)

just make control numeric to determine how many volt you need to output

CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(462 Views)

I'm sorry but what does it mean "make control numeric"? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(459 Views)

just numeric tool to connect tou your DAq max to control how many voltage will be produced

CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(451 Views)

Thank you for your comment but I think that USB-6501 doesn't support the numeric tool. I couldn't find about it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(441 Views)

No, you cannot control the output voltage level of 6501. None of the NI DAQ DOs have the feature to control the output voltage level internally.

You can use an external level shift circuit to bring it down to 3.3V logic. For example - https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/bi-directional-logic-level-converter-hookup-guide/all

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 6 of 13
(392 Views)

how about voltage regulator? Would it work well for my case?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(388 Views)

@junhong0708 wrote:

how about voltage regulator? Would it work well for my case?

Since you're asking about using a voltage regulator, I assume you're not from an electrical background or at least unfamiliar with electrical signals vs. power sources.

I recommend getting a level shifter. What device are you connecting the 6501? datasheet/specs?

Note that 6501 has two different output modes, based on the mode the output voltage differs. In active drive mode, the max output voltage high signal is 3.6V.

santo_13_0-1710123180804.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Message 8 of 13
(371 Views)

Actually, I newly use these kind of devices. I will connect USB-6501 to Dsub connector to RF Switch(ZSWA4-63dr+, Minicircuits). Thank you for your understanding.

I think I should study about that "active drive mode" and level shifter. I haven't known the level shifter yet.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(361 Views)

@junhong0708 wrote:

Actually, I newly use these kind of devices. I will connect USB-6501 to Dsub connector to RF Switch(ZSWA4-63dr+, Minicircuits). Thank you for your understanding.

I think I should study about that "active drive mode" and level shifter. I haven't known the level shifter yet.

Actually, you don't have any issue, the switch support digital logic signal up to 5.5V irrespective of VDD.

https://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/ZSWA4-63DR+.pdf

santo_13_0-1710131915106.png

You can directly connect 6501 with the RF switch.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

Message 10 of 13
(358 Views)