Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect dc driver motor with 3 pins to usb 6008

Hi committee,

I have difficulties to connect a digital input to drive a motor, reverse and forward.  I have a driver motor named L298HN Board (dual motors) which has 7 terminals, as below and as per attached. But I will use single motor only.

Pin 1 – IN1

Pin 2 – EN

Pin 3 – IN2

Is+ - ?

Co – common to ground for both driver motor and DAQ.

But I am only able to create 2 digital outputs from the USB 6008, to drive the a 12dc motor clockwise and anti-clockwise direction. If IN1 and IN2 is forward and reverse, where should EN  and Is+  connected?

Kind regards

Sufre

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,745 Views)

Hi Sufre, 

Basicall an H-Bridge, it's been a while so correct me if I'm wrong, is going to have two inputs for direction and an enable input.  This means that we will need to apply three digital signals to control the motor. So having the outputs as In1, In2, and En we would have 0,0,1 for free running 1,0,1 for one direction, and 0,1,1 for the other direction. Then if we were to write a 0 to Enable, the motor will stop.  I have put together a very simple VI to give you an idea of what I mean, please find it attached.  The Vss for the L298HN would be what the motor requires to run, so in this case a 12v source.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Regards,

Kyle S 

Regional Account Manager
NI
Message 2 of 3
(3,721 Views)

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your effort sending me the information. I will look for it and will inform the progress.

Thanks in advanve.

Kind regards

Sufre

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,708 Views)