Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plug and Play Drivers: Instrument Identification Error (Harvard PHD Ultra Pumps)

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by quinjo

Sorry, I did not see your earlier response. The string "PHD Ultra" is what the Initialize function is expecting. Can yo9u open the Initiaize function and find the two VISA Reads inside the case statement labeled Query Instrument ID? Right click on the 'read buffer' output of both and select 'Create>Indicator'. Run the VI with ID Query enabled. Go to the edit menu and select 'Make Current Value Default'. Save the VI and attach it.

Message 11 of 14
(3,193 Views)

Does anybody know how to get the USB Virtual CommPort drivers supplied with PHD ULTRA? I think i have misplaced the driver disc that came with it. Is it with an FTDI chip (http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm)?

Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(3,074 Views)

Nuralija, 

I'm looking at the PHD ULTRA manual  and its not clear if it uses a FTDI driver (although my bet would be they do). I also cannot find a download link on their website. You may want to try and contact their support. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(3,060 Views)

Hello coreyc,

I tried to use the FTDI drivers (VCP and DC2XX), but it did not work. I have written to Harvard Instruments now.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(3,051 Views)