Discovering and Imaging the Device

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roborio 2.0 Not Identified By FRC Imagining Tool After Imaging

I flashed the microSD card via balena etcher with the image and then inserted it into the roborio 2.0 and powered it on. When I try to connect the roborio to my laptop via USB-C or through the frc radio (already configured) to label the roborio with our team number, the imaging tool can't find the roborio. The status light of the roborio is blinking orange, so I think it may be bricked. Is there a way to unbrick it and get the FRC roborio imaging tool to recognize the roborio 2.0?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,348 Views)

Can someone respond? We need to image the roborio 2.0 before the first competition and since the status light is continuously blinking, I am pretty sure that it has an unrecoverable error. Nearly all the documentation pages said that if the status lights are continuously blinking to contact NI. When I called NI the automated call said that all FRC support has been moved to this forum. Is it possible for an NI representative to send the recovery files?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,316 Views)

Hi 7419, sorry for the late response.

There is no recovery file for the rio2 as re-flashing the SD card does the same thing.

Can you try re-flashing the SD card and connecting to the rio directly via USB or ethernet to set the team number?
(https://docs.wpilib.org/en/stable/docs/software/roborio-info/roborio2-imaging.html)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,313 Views)

What is the name of the file you flashed with balena etcher?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,289 Views)