Discovering and Imaging the Device

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecoverable Error Roborio 1.0 (No USB detected)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

One of the schools from our competition sent through their broken roborio in the hopes that it could be fixed. I'm not quite sure what they've done to it, but it looks like it's completely bricked the firmware.
The roborio boots up and the status light continuously flashes, and the same occurs in safe mode. I can't detect any usb connection even on linux with `dmesg -w` running. Ethernet looks like it does something, but I can't find it on the network. So I assume it can't be reached in that method either.

I also did give it a hardware check and pulled it apart to cleaned off all the pins in a very unlikely attempt to fix anything on that end. But it does looks like it needs a proper firmware fix.
I'm hoping that that I can get the recovery.cfg file and try to flash the rio through a usb drive.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,768 Views)

Hi CJBuchel,

One thing we can try is to see if booting it into safe mode helps any (this disables all software except the purely necessary) - https://docs.wpilib.org/en/stable/docs/software/roborio-info/recovering-a-roborio-using-safe-mode.ht...

Can you try booting it into safe mode and let me know if USB or Ethernet connection starts working while in that mode?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,717 Views)

Hi,
Unfortunately I don't get any results. When booting into safe mode it will hang for a few moments, but then goes back to blinking the status light continuously. The only difference being the RSL indicator not showing up which I assume is just a safe mode thing.

During the whole process of it hanging to it then blinking the status light, it doesn't show up through USB and I can't reach it via Ethernet either.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,714 Views)

I sent you a direct message with what we can try next.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,695 Views)

Thanks a bunch,
I'll let you know how it goes, currently sifting through a bunch of USB's

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,693 Views)
Solution
Accepted by CJBuchel

Seems to have worked, I've been able to image the rio properly now.
thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 7
(1,686 Views)

👍, Please feel free to reach out if you run into any more issues.

Message 7 of 7
(1,673 Views)