Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waterfall without activeX

Hello

I'm calculating the DFT of a signal on a FPGA, then I send the data to my host-vi where I want to display the result as a waterfallplot.

I found a nice looking example on "NI Example Finder" (3D Waterfall Plot.vi). My Problem is now, that I can't use active x control on my target, because its not supported.

Can someone help me find an equivalent vi?

Thanks for you time HansMustermann

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,160 Views)

Hallo HansMustermann,

unfortunately, it seems that there is not LabVIEW function which allows you to plot 3D images without ActiveX support.

If you want to implement such a function for example by using dotnet, you will have to buy additional Microsoft dotnet libraries because windows natively has not support for such functions.

The easiest would be if you try to use ActiveX.

Best regards,

Abduelkerim

Sales
NI Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,103 Views)

The Sound and Vibration Toolkit has Waterfall, Colormaps, and STFT via Intensity graphs that are native LabVIEW Xcontrols.  These are NOT activeX

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
Message 3 of 6
(7,096 Views)

Thank you for your help.

Maybe you can help me with another problem. I can't see the labels of the x-,y-,z-axis. If you look very close, you can see that its written there, but its too dark. How can I change the black background of the axes? I have added an screenprint, the waterfall plot looks just the way I want it, but  as you can see, one can't read the annotation of the axes and their values.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,068 Views)

I was able to do it by modifying the Facade VI for the XControl. Warning: modifying the facade VI changes the waterfall XControl for all instances (past, present, and future). So you may want to backup the original or make a copy with new name for your customized version. I then went into the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\addons\_XControls\Waterfall Graph\subVIs and edited the svx_Waterfall Facade VI to have the desired color text for the three visible scales. Note, the waterfall XControl is composed of multiple waveform graphs to get the desired effect. You can select the various graphs and edit the properties of the graphs to change the scale major tick, minor tick, and text color. Save your copy of the XControl with updated Facade VI; even add it to the palette next to the original. Here is a screenshot of what I think you were looking for.

Waterfall_Black[1].png

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
Message 5 of 6
(7,039 Views)

Thanks a lot, that's what I've been looking for.

Greetings Mustermann

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,023 Views)