FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerometer Vi's

We were looking at the Accelerometer Vi's to try to get them to work. The Accelerometer Vi's need which analog input it's connected to. But the documentation I found on the Accelerometer say it can be communicated to using either SPI or I2C communication.

So we tried communicating with the I2C interface and couldn't get consistant input. Several Questions:

How do we get the accelerometer data in?

How can we get the data in using the I2C Vi's?

Why do the Accelerometer Vi require a an Analog input?

Thanks

Joe V

"Lockheed" Joe
Testing Blog"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(9,936 Views)

Have you looked in the examples for the I2C accelerometer?

I assume the analog accelerometer VIs were written because analog accelerometers are the most common and what teams were provided in the past. It certainly doesn't make sense to remove a feature just because FIRST decided to go with a different type of sensor this year.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,339 Views)

I haven't looked at the examples of the I2C accelerometers, where are they? I was asking because I couldn't find them. Please let me know where they are.

Thanks

"Lockheed" Joe
Testing Blog"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,339 Views)

Hi Joe,

Here is where you can find the I2C Accelerometer example:

From the Labview Getting Started Window, there is an area over on the bottom right that lists a few examples for FRC. If you click on More... it'll bring up a window with all the examples for FRC and you can find one for the accelerometer.

~Olivia

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,339 Views)

Thanks, when I get near a computer with FRC stuff on it, I'll look for it.

"Lockheed" Joe
Testing Blog"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,339 Views)

It worked, Thanks Olivia

"Lockheed" Joe
Testing Blog"
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,339 Views)

Hi Joe Varnell,

You can also check out the [FRC 2010] Sensor Basics Tutorial. This will walk you thru building an accelerometer example.

Aaron P

NI FIRST Support

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,339 Views)

Hi Joe,

I'm also looking for vi help regarding ADXL345 I2C based. ITG3205 was working fine with vi. But there is problem regarding ADXL345, I can't able to figure out as it continously reading zero (all axis).

As you have worked it out, So any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Gaurav Sharma

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,339 Views)