FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiled Code Doesn't Start on roboRio

I am using LabView 2014 on the roboRio with the Actor Framework.

I have code that works great when launching Robot Main with no errors reported and great performance (not high CPU). So I Build and then Run As Startup. I notice the CPU start to go high on the roboRio for a minute or so with progresively more memory being consumed, so it looks like my program is starting up, but then the CPU goes down and I never see "Robot Program" light up.

So I reset the roboRio and tried to Run as Startup again - No Joy.

So I did another Build and Run as Startup - still no joy

No errors are reported in the Driver Station (I assume if LabView had some major problems with my code it would report some kind of an error).

I haven't made any fundemental changes in my code since I was successful building and Run-ning as Startup yesterday. It really looks like my code never even tries to start.

I am a bit desperate. I have a competion in two days and now it seems LabView/roboRio doesn't want to run compiled code.

I am fine blaming my program if I had some idea where LabView is unhappy with me. I can't just start randomly taking stuff out to see if I am appease the LabView gods.

Is there some place I can look on the roboRio for LabView runtime errors or the like to give me some idea why my code doesn't appear to start?  I would be more than happy to get on the phone with someone to talk this through. I fear the web site discussion thing will take too much time to get me working code in two days.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,353 Views)

You say you didn't make any "fundamental changes."  That sounds like you still made changes.  Have you tried undoing those changes to see what happens?

After making those changes, is that where you're able to hit the run arrow and successfully deploy your code?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,226 Views)

Hitting the Run Arrow on Robot Main already works with the code. The probem is when I Build and "Run as Startup".

It would take me hours to go through interative loops to take-out-changes-rebuild-and-try-again since it takes LabView so long to compile, deploy and startup (15 minutes each iteration best case).  I was hoping to find something that would point me to an error instead of going old school back track.

I found a couple of ideas about enabling debug on the build or mass reompile. I will give those a shot first.

Again, I am fine if I have bug in my code. I just need to magic trick to find where the error is thrown from that bug.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,226 Views)