FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Error when creating a new project

I've been searching for the past few weeks to find a solution to my problem, our programming laptop has water damage and will no longer turn on.  We recovered all of the data from the Hard Drive, which means we need to install Labview on a new laptop for programming but our Labview USB stick is corrupted and no longer contains any information.  I have scoured both ChiefDelphi and these forums trying to find a solution but I have yet to find one. 

What I have done so far:

Installed the 30-day trial of Labview from NI and installed the FRC updates but it does not contain any FIRST control libraries

Attempted to copy and paste all Labview files from the old hardrive to the new laptop

I downloaded a version of the FRC software that another team hosted on their website but the .zip file is corrupted

Everytime I try to open a new FRC cRIO Robot Project I recieve this error;

Error 1055 occurred at Property Node in FRC Create Project.vi->FRC Wizard - Robot.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Object reference is invalid.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,771 Views)

Hey Wiifi,

There are a bunch of components for FIRST that aren't included by just downloading LabVIEW. You will want to use the USB stick to install the software - last I heard FIRST had some they could send out to teams - or find another team in the area to borrow one from.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,494 Views)