FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView TCP settings on a vmware virtual machine

Solved!
Go to solution

First post-sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I just got the FRC labview installed and updated on my windows virtual machine.  The current problem is how do I get the virtual PC to talk to the cRIO?  I asume that I will just plug in a cable from cRIO port 1 to the ethernet port on the back of my mac.  However, I do not understand  how to I configure the TCP/IP setting for the connection both in snow leopard and in the guest operating system.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,112 Views)

Hey Michael,

The software running in the virtual machine may be expecting the computer to have a specific IP address so you will want to configure the Windows portion for that.  You will also want to configure the Mac to appear as having that IP address to any external devices.  How you configure those settings to pass through your virtual environment is up to you.  Good luck!

-Barron

Barron
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 2 of 7
(3,254 Views)

What exactly is the ip that I need to use to image/deploy code from.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,254 Views)

If you are using the system as a driver station then it should be configured to have an IP address of 10.XX.YY.51 to communicate with the radio.  This article describes the process for configuring the radio system for the FIRST robot.

-Barron

Barron
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,254 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author maldridge

TheRedBarron wrote:

If you are using the system as a driver station then it should be configured to have an IP address of 10.XX.YY.51 to communicate with the radio.

I think Barron has a typo and the address should be 10.XX.YY.5

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,254 Views)

Exactly our problem.

Should the 'wired' mode to the DLink be:

10.xx.yy.51

While in  'wireless' mode:

10.xx.yy.5

??????????

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,254 Views)

In theory, either one should work, but if you're using fusion, I suggest you use -.5 as my install through an error when I gave an ip outside my current subnet.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,254 Views)