FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview dying

My installed version of Labview suddenly decided not to work last Friday.  I get a dialog box stating 'License unavailable' and it invites me to register my installation.  I have done so, both on-line and using the 20-diogit key, to no avail.  I have reinstalled the current version numerous times, to no avail.  I was promosed an answer by today from NI.  They have referred me to you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(16,965 Views)

Hi Jon,

Are you using the FIRST Robotics version of LabVIEW?  Are you following the steps in this article? Could you give me a screenshot of the actual dialog you are getting?

Thanks

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,722 Views)

I finally deleted Labview and re-installed it from the DVD.  When I then started LabView, I got a choice of a 30-day trial, even though I had used License Manager to successfully register.  LM indicates I will expire 1/15/10.  So in 30 days, we shall see!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,722 Views)

So what version of LabVIEW do you have?

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,722 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,722 Views)

Can you post a screenshot of the license manager (similar to the one in the article that Justin posted).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,722 Views)

Here it is!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,722 Views)

When does your FRC license say it will expire?

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,722 Views)

In License Manager, Jan 15, 2010

When I start LV, I'm in a 30-day countdown evaluation period

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,722 Views)

I'm pretty sure that your LabVIEW Professional Development System is on the 30 day trial.  I think that your LabVIEW FRC should keep working until 2010.  Do you have a license for regular LabVIEW?  Or did you just download the trail version?

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,722 Views)