FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9472

I was looking at the FRC order page, and the NI 9472 module is $152 and won't ship for 12-20 days. When I searched NI's site, it appears that the non-academic price is $99 and ships much faster. What is the difference?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,792 Views)

Hello ScienceWhiz,

I have looked into this issue and this is what I have found so far.

The NI-9472 on the FRC Order Page includes the 3-year warranty that comes with all of the FRC Hardware where the normal NI-9472 on our website does not include this warranty.  This is the reason that you are seeing the price difference.

The reason that you see a difference in the shipping time is because there are two different pools for the FRC Hardware and our normal hardware.  Unfortunately, there is not a way that we can get a regular NI-9472 with the extended FIRST warranty.

I am still double checking on our end to see if there are any other options that we have here in order to help you guys out as much as possible but for now the information above is our option.  If I hear any more information on this I will make sure to post it for you here.

The one thing I do want to clarify that if you have a module that is damaged for any reason we can return these and get you shipped a new one immediately.  The extra time for shipping is only for purchasing additional hardware.  There should never be a time where a team is without at least one set of hardware for an extended period of time.  If this is the case please make sure to contact the support line (1-866-511-6285) for issues with hardware.

Thanks!

Bob H

NI FIRST Support

Thanks!
Bob H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,832 Views)

We currently have 2 and are using both of them. It's our policy to always have a spare ready at competition. So, it's not that we are without one. At this point, I'm not especially worried about not having the extended warranty, especially since it looks like it's $50 cheaper that way. Can you confirm that PN 779137-01 is the right one to buy? This page says that a connectivity accesory is required with the dsub connector. Is that still true if used with the solenoid breakout for FRC? Best I could tell, it would be unnecessary.

Alternately, do you know if there will be spares availible at the competition? FIRST hasn't published the spare parts list yet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,832 Views)