From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with programing/placement hook up of my Fisher Price 00968-9013 motor

I cannot figure out how/where to plug my fisher Price 00968-9013 motor into. And on top of that can i use my "transmissions set up" to run the motor, or can i use the servo motor "limit switch set up", because i want to be able to get the motor to be able to pull up and down some robot "arms". I want to be able to do that without waving to push down on a joystick, i just want to have to ush one of my buttons. Please help if you can!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,404 Views)

Hey,

Im not sure what you mean by your transmissions set up. I have seen teams in the past control these motors with either a motor controller or a relay. Depending on the method of control you would either be using a simple Digital output or a PWM output from the digital sidecar to control the relay or motor controller. You could easily set up code to make that controlled by pushing a button - you just need to take the boolean output of the joystick and map that to a case structure which controls the output to the motor.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
Message 2 of 2
(2,642 Views)