FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Installing FRC LabView

So I started off installing the 2010 version just fine. Updated it all perfectly. Then i opened up a new project and did something funny, so one of the CTL files disappeared. Then after not being able to fix it through repairing, i uninstalled and reinstalled it. Now, the FRC getting started page isnt there, its the normal 8.6.1. Also, the FRC licenses isnt activating the other vision and etc licenses.

What do i need to do to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,124 Views)

Hello,

Just to make sure that we are covering everything, is there any chance that you tried to install from different disks or anything when reinstalling?

Does anything on the computer yield you to believe that you have installed the FRC version of LabVIEW?

Did you have any versions of LabVIEW installed on the machine previously?

As long as you install using the FRC DVDs that came in the Kit of Parts this year and then run the mandatory update you should see LabVIEW FRC on the Getting Started Screen.  However, if you are still seeing this behavior please make sure to let us know.

Thanks!

Bob H

NI FIRST Support

Thanks!
Bob H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,853 Views)

The FRC license is there and activated and i've tried to reinstall just the FRC additional files from the 2010 Kit of Parts CDs. I

did have Labview 8.5 from last year but that has now been uninstalled.

And yes i have used the mandatory update and that has yeilded no results

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,853 Views)

Is this the control you're missing? http://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/5413

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,853 Views)

haha yes. But there were other things missing and for some reason when i did the repair, it created duplicate folders. So the application would look for something in the WWW folder but it would physically reside in WWW(2). So a complete reinstall was just best

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,853 Views)

Hello,

I apologize for the inconvenience that occurred during the first installation.  Did the reinstall fix the issues that you were seeing?  Did you see any errors or anything during the first installation?

Make sure to keep us updated if you are still seeing any issues and we will be very happy to assist you.

Thanks!

Bob H

NI FIRST Support

Thanks!
Bob H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,853 Views)

After uninstalling EVERYTHING NI related on my computer, it worked (and some old FRC lincenses had to be manually deleted too.)

The only thing i get now is a PXI error during install. the FRC page comes up fine now.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,853 Views)