FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-image driver station

Solved!
Go to solution

My team started in the post 2012 season and picked up the rookie kit. We are participating in the 2013 comp using this same driver station. I'm wonder what is the process to update LabVIEW on our driver station? Do we uninstall LabVIEW 2012 and install LabVIEW 2013 or do we need to re-image the laptop? Thanks, Matt.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,800 Views)

Also, if I do need to re-image the driver station, I assume that I would need to re-image the cRIO?

I noticed on another post that the re-image files are located here:

Is this what I need to do?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,753 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author matthewgkerr

You don't necessarily need to uninstall LabVIEW 2012 but since space is usually an issue on the classmates it is probably a good idea.  Either method you suggest will work fine but I think it will probably be faster to reimage using the provided 2013 image from the FIRST site.

And yes those links are the correct ones.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,753 Views)

We went with re-installing FRC LabVIEW 2013. The reason I asked was because we installed FRC LabVIEW 2013 and deployed our 2012 robot code (to last years robot) and we got some very strange behaviour. We have since re-written the code from the base code supplied with 2013 and everything appears good so far. So i have assumed that there is compatibility issues between either labview 2012 and 2013, or between the the 2012 and 2013 robot code. It's a shame to loose a day re-coding the robot, but at least we can watch out for it next year.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,753 Views)