FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot Code?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am a programmer on a rookie team and am trying to run our prototype robot. I open driverstation and everything works except for "Robot Code". We have our cRIO set up and our program loaded onto it, and every thing else setup. I was wondering if robot code was the program you make in labview, and if so, how do you run it on the robot?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,647 Views)

Robot code is th Robot control program written in LabVIEW. When you open the LabVIEW for FRC and the start screen comdes up, when you click on "FRC cRIO Robot Project" it will create a starting point LabVIEW program that should allow you to drive the robot in telop mode. Once you open the project you click on Robot Main.vi which is the starting point. If you want to load the program so that it executes at power up, open build specifications and right-click on "FRC Robot boot-up depolyment". Then click on "Run at startup". If a dialog pops up with a bunch of yellow triangles, it usually on to click OK. If it asks if you want to save something, say save. And, poof, it will run at startup next time you power down and up.

If you just want try something and run a program where you can watch the execution, click on the run arrow.

A good starting place is the document on the page https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-20204

Good luck

"Lockheed" Joe
Testing Blog"
Message 2 of 3
(2,988 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Team 4376

I think I have figured it out! Start up labview and click on your project. A project explorer will pop up and you need to right click on your RT CompactRIO Target and click deploy, I think that solved my problem!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,988 Views)