FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run driver station

I am an independent student who was given a box of older First Robotics parts and I am attempting to use these components to create a robot for a Capstone project. I am having problems with obtaining some of the necessary software to run the control panel and driver station. I have looked around and it seems I need a Usb key with some drivers on it to be able to run the station. Unfortunately the USB key was not included among the parts I recieved. I was wondering if there was any way around this. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,983 Views)

Hey John,

The FIRST Software is only licensed for use with a FIRST competition or an NI RoCK Kit. Many universities have academic licenses for our LabVIEW Real-Time, FPGA, and Robotics products which can be used for robotics applications.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
Message 2 of 4
(2,881 Views)

So basically the answer is no? I don't have access to a university with a FIRST program unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,881 Views)

Hey John,

It doesn't necessarily need to be a university with a FIRST program. It just has to be a university with an Academic Site License for LabVIEW (https://www.ni.com/en/shop/academic-volume-license.html).

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
Message 4 of 4
(2,881 Views)