FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Processing Help Please

I went through the tutorial "Image Processing with Labview for FRC" and created a simple VI with NI vision Assistant that detects a red ball.  I was able to run the VI on my PC with the axis camera hooked to my PCs network and it worked.  However when I put it in the FRC's Vision Processing VI and deploy it to the cRio, I get ERROR -1074395993, at the output of the "Read Vision and Image Info IMAQ" when it runs.  I believe it has something to do with the Image Template path, but I'm not sure.  Does the Image Template get deployed to the cRio?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(11,481 Views)

I am having the same problem that dangell reported with the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,485 Views)

I cannot get anything to work correctly with the vision assistant either.

I see error messages with the "funny" number also.

Does anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,485 Views)

Hi dangell,

Templates and Calibration images in general do not automatically get deployed to the cRIO. You will need to FTP into the cRIO and add the template(s) that you need manually, then change the path constant in your Image Processing VI to match the new location of the template on the cRIO.

See this document for the details:

FTP File Transfer to cRIO (Using Image Processing Requiring Template Images)

Best Regards,

~Nate

Message 4 of 12
(3,485 Views)

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

I followed the directions for copying the templates to the cRIO and changing the location definition.

It worked!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,485 Views)

Hi Nate-

I, as well, thank you for the help.This problem was a real puzzle for me.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,485 Views)

That was the ticket.. Thanks for helping us out!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,485 Views)

The link to:   FTP File Transfer to cRIO (Using Image Processing Requiring Template Images)   no longer works.  Does anyone still have this PDF file?  if not, can you let us know how to FTP the template images to the cRIO?

i'm using Vision Assistant for the 2012 FRC game.  The templates work on the PC, but not on the cRIO/robot.   I need to ftp the template images to the cRIO.  Any help woudl be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Jim

-Team 2936, Gatorzillas

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,485 Views)

Hey Jim,

I don't have another copy of the PDF from that community (although I don't think it is permanently down). If you just need to FTP files to the cRIO you can do it through Windows Explorer (or another FTP tool) by going to ftp://ipaddressofyourcRIO and copying the files to the appropriate folder.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,485 Views)

thanks!    After we use Vision Assistant to generate a new VI for image processing, we're required to FTP the template to the cRIO (thats done now, thats to your previous reply..thanks).   The next step is the change the code in the new VI to refer to the file location on the cRIO.   We copied the the template to the "vision" directory within the root directory of the cRIO.   What is the full address we use for that location?    For instance, if it where in windows, we'd use:  "C://vision/template.png"   Is there a drive letter associated with the directory structure on the cRIO?   whats the address we use to refer to the file in the new location on the cRIO?

thanks

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,485 Views)